Books read in July


I decided to start a new monthly series on books Ive read that month. There wont be any spoilers, but I will be giving them a mini review with my honest opinions, and a little bit about each book. I'll rate them out of five stars and let you know what I think should be on your to be read list! I really love reading and wasn't making enough time in my day to read. I decided to challenge myself and try and read 50 books by December 31st. If you have any favorites or any current books you are dying to read Id love to hear about them in the comments below!

1. The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdiem I loved every part of this book, a retelling of 1001 Nights & Arabian Nights. It is about a Prince who has to take a new wife everyday and then has her executed at dawn. A brave girl named Shahrzad volunteers to marry the prince to seek revenge for her best friend who had married the prince and died at his command. Shahrzad seeks to find the reasoning behind the killings and learns more about the young prince then she ever thought she would. Its a young adult fantasy that will keep you hooked from the very first page, with a sequel due to release in spring 2015.
2. Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher ✩.5 I rated this book a three and a half out of five, I liked the characters and the way the book was written. The book is about a high school boy named Clay who receives a box of cassette tapes at him front door with no return address. Once he starts to listen to the tapes he realize they are from a girl named Hannah who recently committed suicide. The tapes are meant for 13 people to hear the circumstances of her suicide. The story quickly changes between Hannah's voice to Clays thoughts. Its a good read that you can't put down. 
3. The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin This book is a psychological thriller mixed with paranormal activity and even love. This book is about a young girl names Mara who survives a traumatizing accident where she believes her friends and boyfriend died. She begins to suffer from post traumatic stress and it seems everyone around her is dying. She doesn't think life can get any stranger then she falls in love with someone who believes he can fix everything. This is book one of three, and I am dying to get my hands on the next two books. 
4. Paper Towns by John Green A book I was really wanting to read before seeing the movie, now in theaters. With so many positive reviews and the author also have written a few of my favorite past reads I really wanted to love this book... but I didn't really. This young adult book is about a boy who is not so secretly in love with his next door neighbor Margo. After a crazy night of high school pranks together, Margo goes missing. Which she is known for doing, you see Margo has a reputation for doing crazy things and going on all these crazy adventures. For the majority of the book you read about how the boy "Q" looks for clues to where she is and tries to find her. He takes a few friends on a journey to find Margo. The ending seemed rushed and left you with too many questions. I still want to see the movie and do think some people would really enjoy this book, I just had a hard time getting into it. 


I hope you guys will enjoy this new series and will contribute to my tbr list. Let me know if you have read any of these books and your thoughts! Id love to hear from you. 

Comments

Popular Posts