Life Lately

      I secretly come back to this blog every few months, draft up a post and never publish it. I don't know if its the missing passion, the fact that I don't love my writing, or because I think no one actually cares to read what I have to say. Yet I feel this pull to write, so I do. I do a brain dump and it sits here unpublished and thats enough for me. Today I thought, "Hey maybe I'll actually publish this one."

      So here I am, writing at a Starbucks after just finishing a paper for my English Comp class. Im finally in school full time and I'm so happy and actually proud of myself. It's not easy but I know its gonna be worth it. For my family, and for me. Im doing something I always swore I would, something Ive dreamed about since I was a little girl. Im in college and Im doing really well. I made deans list last semester and am fast tracking myself to graduate early and transfer to a university.
      Besides school Im rocking this whole mom thing (most days lets not be fake, that ish is hard). Sophia and Dexter are both in school and excelling. They are so busy these days, and I feel like they don't get to just be kids enough. School for them is so rigorous and I so wish life could be simpler when first grades weren't expected to be reading chapter books and doing over an hour of homework a night. We are getting through it though, being supportive and allowing her to step away from it when she needs to just be six.
      Babes been doing the same old thing, working like a dog and staying up late dreaming of running away to the mountains to just be together and not have to do this repetitive life every damn day. We are coming up on six years of marriage and planning a trip to North Carolina that we are all so ready for.
      So thats a good catch up on life, we are just in the depths of doing life and searching for more. You know more then Work, school, dinner, baths, bed and repeat five days a week. Im sure we are not alone in this. We just aren't sure how to not let the routine consume us and pull us down.
    I miss this space, I miss writing and pulling out my camera more and documenting our life. Yet Im not sure If I want to continue to make this space about just our everyday's or maybe something more.

Comments

Popular Posts