Life during Quarantine

I mean what a better time to dust off the old blog, give it a little face lift, and post some content for the first time in *cough* three years. Certainly during a pandemic no doubt.
I believe we personally are nearing day 40 of being quarantined at home, only going out for essential groceries. No more luxurious walks through target, no more date nights, and no more days spent at the community pool. That last one has been the hardest, my poor kids are going stir crazy and are overly bored. We've done crafts, taken evening walks, even went to our local preserve that is open for safe social distancing outdoor exercise. But alas, after over a month of basically being homebound the days kind of meld into one another, and half the time I'm thinking its Tuesday when it's actually Sunday.
Aj is still an essential worker and working business as usual. We have amped up all the precautions and he wears a mask anywhere in public, carries hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes, and showers the minute he gets home before hugging or kissing the kids and I. Its a totally weird time to be living in. I guess I'm thankful though. We have already been homeschooling going on 6 months by the time this started affecting other local public school families, we haven't lost income like so many millions of people, and we have all so far remained healthy. My kids didn't have to make major adjustments like so many other children with their schooling. We aren't having to worry about how our bills are going to be payed, or how we will afford food! I know we are the lucky ones. The ones mostly untouched by this pandemic. We aren't ignorant to what others are going through and we have been doing our best to try and help others in need when we can and order from small mom and pop restaurants every so often to put money back into the economy. We are just hoping as a community, as a country, as nation we can all get through this. We can rebuild and we can learn from this, learn that we should help our neighbors, support local businesses, and remember above all that kindness matters.
So I guess this post means I'm back to posting over here and sharing our life with the loyal followers who still subscribe to this blog, and maybe the new ones who will find us. I've missed this little old blog, and this safe space where I can just write it all out for me and for anyone else who it reaches.

Comments

Popular Posts